Clean Break Theatre Company Privacy Policies:
Your privacy is important, and to protect it, Clean Break adheres strictly to the laws and guidelines set out by the new General Data Protection Regulation legislation (GDPR). Please see below for an explanation of our on and offline information practices and how your data is collected and used.
How this site collects data
You have the opportunity to opt out of this, by clicking ‘No’ when the pop up prompts you for your consent when you arrive on our site. You can also manage the cookies being stored on your computer by selecting ‘delete cookies’ in your browser.
• We also use this website to allow people to sign up to our newsletter by providing us with their name and email address. Submitting this information gives us your consent to contact you with information about the company, upcoming productions, events, training opportunities and fundraising appeals.
If at any time you want to be unsubscribed from our email list, every email has an ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom.
In compliance with the new GDPR guidelines, we have contacted everyone on our mailing lists to inform them that they will be automatically unsubscribed on 25 May 2018 unless they actively chose to re-subscribe.
• We take seriously our responsibility to protect the data you choose to share with us, and never pass it on to third parties unless we have obtained your consent to do so.
• We also take precautions to protect your data once we have it – it is securely held, password protected and available only to the few members of staff who are responsible for contacting you.
How You Can Access Your Information
• All you have to do is ask! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Data Request’ in the subject line, and, once we have verified your identity, we will be happy to disclose the information we have, and, if you so request, correct or delete it. You can also contact us by post: Clean Break Theatre Company, 2 Patshull Road, London, NW5 2LB.
How and Why We Contact You
• Clean Break uses MailChimp to create our email to you, and will be in touch to tell you about what the company is working on, significant changes of staff or policy, achievements and awards, events and training opportunities we are providing or taking part in, job vacancies, and also to encourage you to support our work by volunteering or donating money.
• Clean Break’s emails may contain tracking facilities allowing us to track subscriber activity and store it for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include: the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
• We will never contact you asking for further personal details or sensitive information, and any such communication purporting to be from Clean Break should be viewed as suspicious and reported to us.
Social Media Platforms
• Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
• This website uses social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
• Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text / banner / image links to other websites). Clean Break cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite our best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
• As Clean Break is a charity, we have a very hard-working Development team who are constantly applying for grants, and appealing for donations to allow us to continue our work. To this end, and to best serve the company, they will research companies and individuals with a view to presenting the best application for funding they can. This data is held in strict confidence by the Development Team, and is not accessible by anyone else in or outside of the company. Please see How You Can Access Your Information for how to make a data request.
• If you contact us, either by post or email, we reserve the right to record that correspondence and any information included within it, unless you specifically request that we do not.